You recently purchased an Axial SCX24, and you can’t wait to give it a ride. But when you try to move it, nothing happens.
Don’t worry, I’m here to help. The common troubleshooting methods in this article will help you get your Axial SCX24 moving once more.
So, what are the axial scx24 problems?
Checking the battery should be your first step if your SCX24 truck won’t move. Make sure it’s properly connected and that the voltage is between 10.5 and 12.6 volts. If the battery is okay, check the motor. Confirm the wiring’s status and confirm that the battery is securely attached.
In this post, I’ll be going over the most common SCX24 problems and what you can do to fix them. In addition, I’ll provide some tips on how to avoid typical issues.
Quick Summary of the Problem & Solutions
|Axial Scx24 is not moving.||Loosen battery connection or damaged motor.||Ensure that the batteries are attached correctly.|
|The steering isn’t working.||The wheels’ alignment needs to be corrected.||Wheel alignment should be checked.|
|The truck cannot be controlled using the remote.||The remote sensor may be blocked with dust or debris.||To clear the dust, use a brush or a soft cloth.|
|The throttle is not working.||The contact point is jammed.||Ensure that the controller’s connection to the car is secure.|
|Axial scx24 making a grinding noise.||The blades are either loose or damaged.||Replace the motor if it is damaged.|
|The lights are not working.||The fuse might be blown.||Unplug your SCX24 and plug it back in.|
Problem 1: Axial SCX24 Doesn’t Move
You’re trying to move your Axial SCX24 Jeep but is not moving. This issue occurs frequently. Almost every RC enthusiast had to face it once. You might face the same issue on Axial Scx10.
Reason: Loosen Battery Connection or Damaged Motor
There are some reasons for this problem. The battery is not connected properly. Also, it happens if the motor is not getting enough power.
If your Axial SCX24 won’t move, there are a few things you can try.
- First, ensure the truck is turned on and the battery is properly connected.
- If that doesn’t work, check to see if the motor is getting power by using a voltmeter.
- The speed controller will then need to be examined if the motor is receiving power. To perform this, take off the cover and ensure that the wires are attached properly.
- If so, the speed controller itself could be the issue.
- If so, you’ll have to change it.
If none of these fixes work, it could be necessary to get your truck serviced. Contact your local dealer for more information.
Problem 2: The Steering Isn’t Working
When you are driving, you can hear the steering wheel making noise. This can indicate that the steering has malfunctioned. You can follow these mentioned steps to solve the problem.
Reason: Wheels are Not Properly Aligned
For this problem there may be one reason. You must check whether your wheels are correctly aligned or not. Let’s look at the specific solution to this issue.
You can try a few different stuff to see if they help your Axial SCX24 if the steering is misbehaving.
- Check the alignment of the wheels first. Gently readjust them if necessary to bring them into alignment.
- Next, check the gearboxes to make sure they’re properly lubricated. If they’re not, add some more oil until they are.
- To check if the steering wheel is getting stuck midway, simply turn it by hand. If it is, clean the area thoroughly and lubricate it again.
With a little troubleshooting, your SCX24 problems should be resolved.
Problem 3: Doesn’t Respond to the Remote Control
It appears as though you are attempting to move the car, but it is standing still. This problem happens with many rc lovers. Let’s what is the reason and how to solve it.
Reason: The Remote Sensor Maybe Block With Dust or Debris
Let’s look at the third issue that SCX24 owners frequently experience. Although this might be quite annoying. You can stop it by doing a few specific actions.
Follow these simple steps to fix the problem with your remote control.
- Your batteries should be checked first to see if they are low. If they are, replace them with fresh ones and see if that fixes the problem.
- The truck’s remote control sensor may need to be cleaned if it doesn’t work. To perform this, remove any obstructions, such as dust or debris, from the sensor. A soft brush or a q-tip is also acceptable.
- It could be necessary to get in touch with customer care and seek support if neither of those tips works. They may be able to fix the issue for you remotely, or they may need to send you a new truck altogether.
But don’t worry, it’s not usually as bad as it sounds!
Problem 4: Throttle Is Not Working
The throttle gets jammed sometimes and it’s pretty obvious. Many RC lovers had this problem once in their life.
Reason: The Contact Point Might be Jammed
The jammed contact point can keep your truck from moving. It can be solved by taking some easy steps.
If your SCX24 seems to be steering just fine, but the throttle isn’t working, there are a few things you can try.
- Initially, check to see if the connections between the control system and the vehicle are secure.
- If that’s not the problem, try cleaning the contact points on the car and the controller with a dry cloth.
- If those steps don’t work, your car batteries need to be replaced. To perform this, unscrew the four screws from the car’s bottom and carefully take off the lid.
- The battery is located in the upper-right corner, and it should be a simple matter to replace it once you have a new one.
Problem 5: Axial SCX24 Is Making Grinding Noise
Your favorite vehicle making a grinding noise and its annoy you. So what can be the reason behind this and how to solve the problem? Let’s find out.
Reason: The Blades Are Either Loose or Damaged
If you’re experiencing a grinding noise when using your SCX24, you’re definitely not alone. This is one of the most common problems with this model, and it can be caused by a number of things.
- Check the blade first, if you can. If it is harmed or loose, it has to be changed.
- You can also try cleaning the blade and the cutting deck with a brush or a wire brush.
- If that doesn’t resolve the issue, the belt could be the reason. If it is worn out or destroyed, you must purchase a new one.
- Finally, if nothing else seems to be wrong, you might need to have the motor serviced.
So if you’re experiencing problems with your SCX24, don’t panic! Before sending it in for repairs, There are numerous options available to you.
Problem 6: Lights Not Working
The lights are not working of your car. You’re attempting to determine what might be the reason and how you gooing to fix it. Worry not, i’m going to share the easy fixes for your.
Reason: The Fuse Might be Blown
Your SCX24 lights aren’t working you’re not alone. Even the lights of your scx24 charger is blinking red light. Numerous individuals deal with this issue frequently. Fortunately, it’s easy to fix.
- Checking the fuse should be your first step. The machine’s fuse is towards the back. It’s usually a tiny silver box with a black dot in the middle. Simply replace it with a fresh one if it has blown and your lights should start working again.
- If the fuse is working properly, your light switch might malfunction. To test this, unplug your SCX24 and plug it back in.
- If the lights start to flash, the switch is broken and needs to be replaced. If the lights don’t come on, there’s probably something wrong with the lightbulb itself. You’ll need to replace that too.
You should be able to fix your SCX24 lights quickly with a little amount of troubleshooting!
How to Prevent the Problems
So you’ve been experiencing some problems with your SCX24. No need to panic; You can take a few steps to completely avoid these issues.
- First and foremost, always make sure to thoroughly read the instruction manual before using your SCX24. This will help you comprehend how it functions and how to take care of it appropriately.
- Second, be sure to maintain a dust- and dirt-free environment for your SCX24. This can help to minimize problems. Another thing, always take proper maintenance of your RC car.
- Last but not least, be sure to contact customer service as soon as you run into any issues. They’ll be delighted to assist you!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Amp Should I Charge My Scx24 Battery?
The charger is compatible with the majority of 5V portable power supplies and smartphone chargers that produce at least 1 amp of power. One thing you must keep in mind. Charging the battery using a USB power port that outputs less than 1 amp may result in heat production.
Why My Axial Scx24 Is Not Making a Sound?
First, check to ensure the volume is turned up on the truck and the remote control.
Charge the battery if that doesn’t help. Ensure the truck is connected to a power source. Also, the battery is firmly attached in place. If it’s still not working, you may need to replace the battery.
Why My Axial Scx24 Is Not Charging?
Initially, confirm that the battery is placed correctly into the charger. Your SCX24 may not be charging if that is the case. Try connecting the charger to a different circuit if it doesn’t resolve the issue. The outlet itself may often be having problems. Switching to a different one can get your SCX24 up and running again.
This is all about axial scx24 problems. These are some easy fixes that you can easily fix at home with some tools. However, if you find anything that is beyond your skills then contact the technicians.
I’m signing off today. Hope to see you in the next article.