It’s really frustrating when your Mavic controller isn’t connecting to the phone. The whole thing might cause panic as well. It’s important to know the basic troubleshooting in this instances.
And it’s really important to know how should you start DJI Mavic series app connectivity troubleshooting?
The DJI Mavic series app connectivity issue differs from model to model. For example, if you’re using a Mavic mini controller, simply reinstalling the DJI fly app would work. However, for Mavic air, reconnect the Micro USB cable and modify settings. On some other devices things work differently.
Well, don’t worry! Because, here I’ve included everything you need to know to resolve all your problems. Not only did I offer fixes for these issues, but I also provided the possible reasons, too!
Keep scrolling to find out for yourself!
Reasons for DJI Mavic Series App Connectivity Issues
There can be several reasons why your DJI Mavic controller not connecting to phone. We are quoting the most prevalent reasons why the issue might be occurring.
- Firstly, there can be some issues with the application.
- It can be a problem with the software or some functioning issues on your remote controller.
- Perhaps the problem is with the application you’re using to connect the drone.
- It can be that your USB is not properly plugged in.
- Or maybe there are some networking problems that are causing this.
Now that we have listed all the possible reasons, let’s get into the solution part!
We have laid out different solutions for each Mavic in the series. Keep reading!
DJI Mavic Pro Not Connecting to Phone
The DJI Mavic pro drones are the most popular ones on the market right now. But it surely does not mean that they’re flawless. Because, there are some complaints like the DJI Mavic pro controller not connecting to phone.
But don’t worry. We have a simple way for you to solve this connectivity issue.
- First of all, you need to connect the controller to your mobile phone using a cable.
- After that, you need to double-click on the connection button.
- Then open the DJI GO app on that device.
- Now turn on your Mavic Pro drone. For that press and hold the button that’s on the top of that drone.
- In case the blinking light appears yellow, the aircraft isn’t connected yet.
- So, now you need to locate the tiny door at the right of your drone. The door is where the SD card is put.
- Open that door uncovering the SD card slot and one small button.
- Using a screwdriver, press that button once. And you’ll see the indicator light that’s on the propellers turning red.
- Now, back to the Go app. You need to click on menu and the mode button. Next, scrolling down to remote control button, tap primary remote control.
- Then it will give 59 seconds to press the button and connect to the drone.
You’ll notice the drone indicators flashing green, indicating the drone is connected to the controller.
Thus, it should not cause any further trouble and your issue is fixed!
DJI Mavic Air Not Connecting to Phone
So, is your new Mavic air causing trouble and won’t connect to the mobile device? Already tried reinstalling the app, but still nothing?
Well, do not worry! Here is a solution.
- Firstly, disconnect the Micro USB cable from your phone and remote controller. Then wait about 10 seconds and reconnect the Micro USB cable.
- Now restart your remote controller. If that does not work then try reinstalling the app. Plus, restart your mobile device. And try to connect again.
- You might have to enable USB debugging.
For that, firstly navigate ‘Settings > Developer options’ from your phone. Then make sure that you’ve turned on the ‘Developer options’ switch.
From that section, hit USB debugging for turning on or off. And then, if prompted, just tap the OK option to confirm.
4. Finally, confirm that your firmware is running at the current version.
And the issue should be resolved.
DJI Mavic Mini Controller Not Connecting to Phone
It’s very common to face problems when connecting a DJI Mavic drone to phone. Users also complain that their DJI Mavic mini controller not connecting to phone. So, what to do?
No worries! We have given you an ideal solution for this!
Sometimes the DJI fly app crashes on your android device, then it might create connectivity issues.
One of the suitable troubleshooting techniques is to reinstall the DJI fly app. This is super easy and it works most of the time!
1. Firstly, remove that DJI FLY app from the phone.
2. Then you need to restart the Phone.
3. Next, reinstall the DJI FLY app from the play store.
Sometimes you may notice the DJI fly app is not available on the play store. If that is the case, download it from the DJI website.
4. Lastly, you need to restart the phone and attempt to connect them again. It should work.
If you’re confused then check out this video.
DJI Mavic Controller Not Connecting to Phone
When facing this issue, you might have already tried the basic fixes. Like, reinstalling the app like this man.
But that didn’t work. No worries! I got you on this one. Here’s a easy way to fix this-
The simple solution for this is USB debugging.
1. For that, first go to your device settings. Then go to the system option. You’ll find an option called ‘Developer Option’.
2. Next, search for the Usb Debugging option under that.
3. Turn your phone’s USB Debugging ON.
Now your phone should be connected to the Mavic Air Controller without any further problem.
Can reinstalling the FLY App fix the connectivity issue?
Yes, reinstalling the app does fix the connectivity issue sometime. For that, remove DJI FLY app from the phone first. Then you need to restart the phone. Now, proceed and reinstall the DJI FLY app from the play store. You need to then restart the phone and attempt to connect them again.
Why won’t the Mavic controller connect to my phone?
There can be several reasons why your controller won’t connect to the phone. Perhaps the problem is with the application you’re using to connect the drone. Or the USB is not properly plugged in. Also, maybe there are some networking problems that might be causing this.
Can clearing cache from the controller solve my Mavic connectivity problem?
Yes, sometimes clearing cache can solve the problem. Perhaps the drone and the controller have been previously connected. So, the controller already does have a flight history and thus stored cache. Often that logged chance may cause issues. And clearing cache can resolve it.
Hope we’ve resolved your queries about DJI Mavic series app connectivity troubleshooting?
Now you know the reasons as well as the solutions. So, it will be easier to figure out which one would work best in your case. And you should have any trouble fixing as all the techniques are super easy! However, if you still can’t fix it, you can contact the drone’s manufacturer for help.
That is all for now. Have an amazing day!