DJI OM 4 is loved by many content creators. They love the drone for its compact design with many functions of videography assistance. However, even if it’s so popular you can face troubles with it.
So, what to do when DJI OM 4 Not Working?
You can make your OM 4 by upgrading the Gimbal Mimo App. Restablish the app setup and BlueTooth Connection. Turn the Developer Mode off of your phone settings. Finally, contact the DJI support center. They’ll repair the hardware and software bugs.
But if you are trying to solve the problems at home first, keep on reading the article. I have compiled the common problems and provided the solutions for the pesky problems.
Now, continue reading to know how you can solve the problems!
DJI OM 4 is Not Working: Problems and Troubleshoots
Despite being quite an advanced drone for visual content creators, DJI OM 4 is still developing. Which explains why you may be facing so many DJI OM 4 issues.
It is still being perfected with each upgrade. I have seen users facing these problems below.
Well, don’t get worried. Whatever the reasons are there are always troubleshooting guides for DJI Om 5, OM 4, and others.
So, I took the liberty to find the solutions for each of the DJI OM 4 problems you might face with OM 4.
Without further ado, let’s move on to the type of problems and the solutions.
DJI OM 4 Gimbal Not Working:
Among the problems, you may face with DJI OM 4 Gimbal, there are 2 issues:
DJI OM 4 Tilt Lock & Spinshot issue
Here’s how to troubleshoot the DJI OM 4 Tilt lock problem –
If your DJI OM 4 Tilt Lock Not Working working properly –
- Try re-balancing your phone with the Gimbal. You can re-balance your phone from the Gimbal Mimo App. This should solve your problem.
- Reconnect your phone with Gimbal and update your Gimbal Memo app. Sometimes, software bugs cause issues with tilt locks.
- Another thing to keep in mind is the weight of your phone. Check whether you placed the magnetic ring correctly in the back of your phone.
If it’s still not working, then your gimbal has a hardware problem. For which it can’t hold in a fixed position.
And if you are seeing that your DJI OM 4 Spinshot not working. Read the section below to resolve –
- Restart your Gimbal Mimo App and select Spinshot again from the following mode.
- Try re-establishing the Bluetooth connection with your phone.
- Upgrade your Gimbal Mimo app.
Having trouble activating your DJI OM 4? Check this youtube videos to fix the DJI OM 4 unable to activate issue.
Did the above solution not work? In that case, you will have to contact the DJI support center for a hardware check.
DJI OM 4 Zoom Not Working:
DJI OM 4 has a zoom slider button for a specific purpose. It’s for zooming the camera in various ways.
If your DJI OM 4 Zoom is not working, here’s what you can do –
- Turn off the developer option in your mobile phone system settings.
- Try a long push zoom block.
Try zooming again and you will have no trouble.
DJI OM 4 Gesture Control Not Working:
Gesture control is enabled from the Gimbal Mimo App. If you noticed your DJI OM 4 Gesture control is not working, try these solutions –
- Reset the DJI OM 4 Mimo App.
- Disable the developer mode from the settings.
- Reconnect the phone with your Gimbal.
- Make sure you have correctly completed the initial Gesture Control Setup.
DJI OM 4 Trigger Not Working:
The trigger button on the back of DJI OM 4 works for many functions. Here’s how to handle each of the OM 4 trigger issues.
If your DJI OM 4 trigger is not working –
- Upgrade the DJI OM 4 Mimo App
- Re-connect your phone with the Gimbal OM 4.
- Turn the developer mode option on your phone. This often interrupts Gimbal OM 4 functions.
When the DJI OM 4 Lock Mode Not Working –
- Press only once to activate lock mode. You have to keep it pressed to be in the lock mode. Make sure you are doing it correctly.
- Try updating your Gimbal Mimo App.
- Reconnect the BlueTooth Connection with your phone.
- Set up the app again to make sure there’s no software issue on your side.
And finally, if your DJI OM 4 Active Track Not Working –
- ActiveTrack 3.0 is activated with the Trigger button. If it doesn’t work perform the suggested gesture to detect the human subject.
- Upgrade your Gimbal Mimo App.
- Follow the instructions properly when you set up the Gimbal OM 4 with your phone again.
- Go to the phone’s settings and turn off Developer mode.
DJI OM 4 Motor Not Working:
If your DJI OM 4’s motors aren’t functioning properly, unfortunately, the software re-setup won’t solve the problems. This is one of the DJI OM 4 power issue.
The same problem can occur for DJI go. However, just like OM 4, you can troubleshoot the DJI Go issues including this motor-related issue.
Motor dysfunction is in fact pretty common and there’s only one root cause. And that is hardware issues. As you have noticed, the Gimbal can’t hold the phone correctly as you command it to.
The working mechanism of drones are complex and it’s not always possible to troubleshoot them without being an expert.
So, contact the DJI Support center, they’ll diagnose the drone and resolve the issues.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Reset My DJI OM 4?
Reset the Bluetooth connection, simultaneously press the M button, shutter button, and trigger. When the system status light changes to yellow, the Bluetooth connection has been successfully reset. Connect by searching for DJI OM 4.
How Do I Connect My DJI OM 4?
You can connect your DJI OM 4 by attaching your phone to the DJI OM 4. Press the M button to turn on the Gimbal. Connect your phone with Gimbal using Bluetooth. Log in or register to your DJI Mimo account. Tap activate and your phone is connected to DJI OM 4.
How Do I Calibrate My OM 4?
To Balance and calibrate your DJI OM 4, go to the settings menu of Gimbal Mimo. Scroll down and go to Horizontal Gimbal Adjustments. Adjust your horizontal rotation to level the gimbal until it suits your liking. Click done and the new settings will be applied. Now your DJI OM 4 is calibrated.