DJI OM 5 is a life saver for content creators who use their mobile to record videos. So you bought one for yourself.
But, the DJI OM 5 is showing some troubles, which needs attention because you can’t use it otherwise.
So, how do you navigate DJI OM 5 Troubleshooting?
For starters, delete the app if you have it from the google play store and install it from the web. The Play store version causes problems. Upgrade your phone to the latest OS. Re-establishing the bluetooth connection solves the zoom, connection, and leveling problems. Update the Gimbal Mimo app.
And that was the zest of troubleshooting. I’m sure you need more detailed instructions.
Don’t just leave yet!
Because this article will navigate you through the DJI OM 5 problems and provide solutions.
DJI OM 5 Troubles And How to Solve Them
If you are searching for DJI OM 5 Not Working, this article is for you. DJI drones are changing how we see drones from a general perspective.
That being said, it is not free from errors. No matter whether its OM 5 or OM 4, you will have to face some issues.
In this article, I compiled what troubles users are facing and offer solutions to them. Keep on reading to find the solution to the trouble you are facing
DJI OM 5 Zoom Not working:
If your DJI OM 5 Zoom is not working. Complete these steps to make the zoom function work:
- Update your phone OS to the latest version
- Forget the Gimbal from the list of paired Bluetooth devices of your phone.
- Re-install the Gimbal Mimo app.
- Restart your phone and connect the Gimbal again.
Now you should be able to Zoom with your DJI OM 5.
DJI OM 5 Not Connecting:
This one’s for you if your DJI OM 5 is connecting through the DJI Mimo app –
- Uninstall and re-install the DJI Mimo App.
- Try to reset the dji wifi password
- If your DJI Mimo app is downloaded from the Google Play store, delete the app. And download the DJI Mimo app from the official DJI website.
- Follow the instructions to set up the Gimbal Mimo App.
Now you can connect your DJI OM 5 with no issue. Gimbal also has trouble connecting to phones from Huawei and Xiaomi. High-end phones don’t have such problems.
DJI OM 5 Device Not found:
Trying to find the DJI OM 5 from your phone and your phone can’t find it? Follow the below steps to solve your DJI OM 5 Not Found problem:
- Reset the bluetooth connection from your phone when the DJI OM 5 can not be found –
- Press the switch, shutter, and trigger button simultaneously. The bluetooth connection will be reset successfully.
- The Bluetooth connection is reset when the system indicator light turns green.
- Or, you can ‘forget DJI OM 5’ from your phone’s bluetooth settings.
- Search and reconnect the DJI OM 5.
- Try changing the phone you want to connect your DJI OM 5 to. Because some brands and models of phones can not detect the DJI OM 5 with their Bluetooth connection.
If your DJI OM 5 is not working, it could be because of the DJI MIMO app crashing. Don’t panic. There are solutions to the continuous crashing of DJI Mimo App.
DJI OM 5 Not Level:
Here’s how to level your DJI OM 5 Gimbal –
- Go to the DJI Mimo App and open the camera.
- Open the menu options shown with 3 dots
- Go to Gimbal auto-calibration.
- Tap on calibrating and start the calibration process
- The Gimbal Calibration takes only a few minutes.
- A pop-up will appear as soon as the calibration is completed.
Enjoy recording videos with a leveled Setup!
DJI OM 5 Not Charging:
If your DJI OM5 is not charging, you will have to look into a few things –
- Check the USB adapter first. If it’s not working properly, get a new one for your gimbal.
- The type-c cable could be broken or tampered with. Replace the wire.
- The charging port can be broken as well.
If there’s a hardware problem, send the Gimbal for repair. They take a short time to repair and ship your DJI Gimbal back to you.
DJI OM 5 Not Straight:
It’s quite easy to straighten your DJI OM 5. To do it you’ll have to follow some steps. Here get the step below.
- Tap on the 3 dots to open the menu
- Scroll down and find the ‘horizontal Gimbal adjustment’
- Manually change the tilt of your gimbal to make it straight.
- You can also auto-calibrate the gimbal from the menu. It will take up to a minute.
DJI OM 5 Not Stable:
Are you having trouble stabilizing your DJI Om 5? Here’s how you can solve it –
- Update your DJI OM 5 to the latest firmware version
- Check for your phone’s compatibility list. Check If it’s over 290g or below 230g, thickness outside 6.9 to 10mm. Your phone won’t be stable on the Gimbal.
- Try removing your phone case and try again.
The above solutions should solve your problems. If they didn’t, I’m sorry.
The final resort is to contact the DJI support center. The problems are mostly hardware or software issues. FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can You Use DJI OM 5 without the App?
Yes, without the app, Gimbal can still stabilize your phone. But you need Mimo for the buttons, sliders, and app-specific video functions.The DJI Mimo app is controlled by the OM 5 through Bluetooth. When you turn on the gimbal and sign in to the app, it will connect instantly.
How Do I Update the Firmware on My OM 5?
Connect your phone to OM 5 with the DJI Mimo app. Then you’ll see a notification on top for updates. Connect your phone to the wifi, and download the update file. Click on the update button. Within 10 minutes, the firmware update will be complete.
Can I Use DJI OM5 Without The Internet?
You can use your DJI OM 5 without an internet connection. The DJI OM 5 only requires an internet connection for a few things. If the OM 5 needs an upgrade, or you are installing the DJI OM 5 and Installing the DJI Mimo App. Other than that, DJI Om 5 doesn’t need an internet connection.