So, recently your RC car’s front wheel is causing you trouble. Sometimes, the front wheel seems to wobble. Or you might notice the front tire lifting at take-off on your car.
I bet you’re asking how to get rid of these RC car front wheels problems, right?
Well, there are several easy fixes. Simply getting some sway bars and stiffer springs may solve the lifting issue. Or consider taking the wheel off and rotate the hub around a little. It will prevent the wobbling. Or just simply fix using other additional fixes given in detail later in this guide.
Still confused? Don’t worry! Because here you’ll find all the possible reasons and solutions for all your front wheel issues.
Just start reading this guide already!
Problem 1: Front Tire Lift at Takeoff
This is another common problem with RC cars. The car’s front inward wheel often lifts up in a high-speed turn. And often flips it over. This usually happens whenever you try to take off.
For example, if you turn left at merely 3/4 throttle, it’ll lift up that front left wheel. Plus, it is going to balloon it. It may also cause the car not to respond to throttle.
In this section, let’s see why RC car front tire lifts whenever you try to take off.
- It may be happening due to less front droop.
- Or perhaps it’s occurring because of the limp springs. It may also cause the steering not to work.
- Loose sway bars may also cause this issue.
Now that you know the reasons, figure out which one might be your case.
There is a simple fix for this. And to perform this, you don’t need to be tech-savvy or anything. Just need to adjust a few things to make sure everything goes smooth!
- To fix this, firstly, you need to get a rear bar. If it’s lifting on power, it tells the weight is shifted to the rear outside tire. It makes the opposite front lift.
I would recommend you getting a Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Bar in this scenario. This will obviously keep your RC balanced while taking sharp turns or driving offroads.
- You may also try some stiffer rear springs as well as sway bars. This will keep the weight on the front.
- Moreover, a heavier weight differential fluid at the front may help as well. In case if you have a front differential that is. The Traxxas 5136X Differential Oil Kit will serve as your all purpose differential oil, so grab one kit.
However, If you can not get sway bars, you can use shorter and lower inner camber links. This is going to prevent body roll.
And thus the front tire take-off at lift issue should be resolved!
Problem 2: RC Car Front Wheel Wobble
This is another most common phenomenon for radio controlled cars. Sometimes you’ll face the front wheel wobbling a lot especially at a high speed. Or the front wheels might be off the ground.
There are two possible reasons why RC cars’ front wheels wobble. We have included both of them below.
- The reason is most probably that the bearings are worn. As most cars tend to have a few degrees of toe-in on their rear for enhanced acceleration. It increases the traction and makes the front wheels wobble.
- Also, some tire wobble is normal. Because the RC tires are not properly balanced by the factory. Plus, the hubs are normally made from delicate plastic which might deform with use. It causes the wobble.
This fix is also quite effortless. You just need to check a few things. Also, do some additional adjustments! That’s all.
- You need to check the castor blocks first.
- Then also examine the drive shafts as well as bearings occasionally. Because any type of damage to these parts may also induce the wobble.
- You can also try moving the tires around. Just to see whether the wobble follows each tire.
- Moreover, you can also consider taking the wheel off that hub. After that rotate the hub around a little.
- Then remount and it might decrease or even totally get rid of the wobble. This works very adequately with the hex hubs.
If it doesn’t work for you then check out this video guide on how to fix wobble of rc car?
Problem 3: Front Tires are Facing in or Spinning in Opposite Directions
It happens mostly in the case of older T-maxx. You try to put it all together and start it up. Then you may notice the front wheels are facing in. Or worse, it starts spinning in the opposite direction as the rear wheels.
It may happen due to the RC Vehicle differentials. One of the differentials may be put together backward. Or surely one of them is upside down.
Here goes another quick solution to why front tires are facing in. Just go through it carefully to solve the issue.
- First determine if your trans have both forward and reverse. If yes, then put it in the forward gear. Then detect which differential is backward.
- Then what you can do is reinstall one of the differential centers upside down.
Most manufacturers tend to shape the diff housings. Thus the front wheels end up rotating in one direction. And the rear wheels will rotate the opposite.
So, to solve this, you need to specify which end is taking off the wrong way. And then rotate that diff center the right way around.
So, this is it! Follow these steps accordingly and your issue should be resolved!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can my RC car’s lifted front tire be fixed?
Yes, to fix it you can use some stiffer rear springs as well as sway bars. This will keep the weight on the front. Besides, a heavier weight differential fluid at the front may help as well. In case if you have a front differential that is.
Is my RC car tire wobbling normal?
Sometimes, yes. Some tire wobble is normal as RC tires are not properly balanced from the factory. Plus, the hubs are normally made from delicate plastic which might deform with use. It causes the wobble.
Why does my RC car not go forward?
On a RC car, the wires would normally run to circuit board. It might be crucial to re-solder the loose or cracked connections. There might be no noise or steering and no movement. In that case, it may be that you got a worn out motor. And it needs replacing.